Google Penguin 4.0 – Important Updates to Know
There is a new member in the Core Algorithm of Google which is known to be the Google Penguin 4.0.
Penguin is now readily available. Following are Penguin 4.0 key features which will help many SEO specialists.
1. This was released to all countries and available in different languages as well. While the rules remain similar for everyone, the websites have impact independence regardless of their location.
2. Penguin 4.0 is real-time. This would signify that the ranking of the page is subject to change as Google updates any information regarding the page or the linked pages. This would mean that the rewards or consequences of your actions can be noticed in no time.
3. With this real-time feature, you’ll be able to recover fast from penalty. A webmaster should perform the best way he can in removing harmful links and improving the site, if it is penalized. As the Google recrawls the pages, it will give the positive results immediately.
4. Another thing, Penguin 4.0 is not a separate filter but a part in the core algorithm. This is what the Google has announced last September. Continuously monitoring the backlink profile is what you should do.
5. This is becoming granular. That is to say, the particular pages toxic links are given the focus, rather than the whole site. It will be more hard to track the micro-penalties. That is why, it is essential to audit your site’s important pages and subdomains more often.
Although Penguin has so many benefits to offer, you need also to know how to use it properly for your utmost advantage.
One of the downsides of Penguin is that no notice is given if the site is penalized. Some people only assume that they are penalized with they see indirect signs like declined positions or sharp drop.
What is good here is that your actions will yield the results more quick than before. You can use this updated algorithm for your best interest. This would mean that the recovery process is more fast as well as the penalization process. Below are some of the important things you have to take note.
Monitor your position constantly. You can set an email alert in order to be informed once the position changes. Another tip is to maintain the cleanliness and health of your backlink profile. Be sure to check the new as well as the lost backlinks on a regular basis. Perform a backlink audit on the whole site. Since Penguin is more granular, you have to undergo this important step. The last thing to consider is updating your disavowed file and setting up the properties in the search console for every subpath.
More reading: Resources